Following a successful inaugural year for the Tavistock Platform in 2021, I would like to make you aware of our forthcoming plans in 2022. With developments already well under way, we are aiming to deploy a series of new features and enhancements to benefit you and your clients, and also increase the simplicity of using the platform.
I am pleased to update you with three enhancements:
- Model portfolios represent the bulk of assets on platform and trading frequency has now been increased from 2 to 3 times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Fridays) – live as of 28th February
- A digital application journey is now available for opening corporate, trustee and charity accounts – live as of 21st February
- Two-factor authentication to be mandatory for all advisers and support staff – live as of 25th February
We have the following scheduled developments:
- Access to historic benchmark data from FE, enabling you and your clients to assess performance of investments – due in March
- Further enhancement to the Transfer Dashboard, providing greater visibility of the operational teams’ efforts to chase ceding providers, inclusive of automated chasing where possible – due in March
- Mandatory SIPP reports, including retirement wake-up pack, benefit crystallisation certificate and annual valuation to be delivered to the client document hub on platform – due in March
- Ability to make contributions via Direct Debit – planned for April
- Pre-funding of pension tax-relief on platform – due in April
- Creation of a digital account opening journey for Canada Life’s Offshore Premiere Bond, available at group-wide negotiated terms – expected in May
- Underlying SIPP transactions to be made visible within a client account – due in June
Do you have any questions?
As always, we welcome any suggestions you may have to improve the platform. If you have any comments or indeed any questions, please do let me know.
Thank you for your continued support.